Do you want to buy a new iPhone 11 but find yourself cash-strapped or on a budget? Why not let your old iPhone saves you? Selling your old phone can help you recover at least half the cost of the new phone, if not more, provided you do it right. The condition of your device and a good place to sell it will help you fetch the best possible price–and it could be more than you imagine.
Before you sell it
Keep this thing in mind before you sell your iPhone in Australia
- Sell your device before the new version is released or at least within the first few months of the release of the new model to grab the highest possible price. When a new model is released, the old ones start depreciating rapidly.
- Back up all your apps and data content using iCloud or iTunes so you can easily move to your new phone.
- Reset your device. This one is very important to make sure your personal information does not end up in a stranger’s hands. Do this by going to Setting -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings.
- Try to package your phone in the original box with all original accessories so that you can get the best price.
- Wipe down your device using a microfiber cloth dipped in a solution made of equal parts water and 70% isopropyl alcohol. This will remove any food particles and stains, leaving your phone looking new.
Best places to sell iPhone
1) Mobile Trade
How to sell it?
To start the procedure of selling your iPhone, you will have to use our website to get a quote. Take a few pictures and describe the condition of your iPhone and we will provide a quote as soon as possible. In most cases, we will be able to do this in just a few hours. If everything goes well, you should deliver your device to our CBD office in Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane. If you can’t visit our offices for any reason, you can send it on your iPhone at any time. We need your device for validation. Once we confirm your device condition, you will get paid right away!
So if you decide to send your iPhone, you can expect fast and free shipping. There’s no additional cost for you in this process. In case your device is badly damaged, our technicians will initiate data wiping (complete removal of data) on your behalf. Of course, we should also mention that our clients get paid right away in cash or via PayPal – it’s up to you to choose the option that suits you the best. At Mobile Trade, customer service always comes first. We are doing our best to help you sell your iPhone without any hassles. Don’t forget that you can also trade or buy iPhones and other devices here.
We are different
At Mobile Trade we know that there are similar services in Australia, but there are a few things that make us different than these service providers (in a good way). For starters, we are always focused on providing the highest possible price for your device. Our company is looking for ways to establish long-term relationships is this is one way to do that.
eBay Australia is still a good way to sell your old devices. Australians are used to paying higher prices for gadgets and you might get a high price on this platform. Here are some tips on how to sell your phone on eBay.
- Try to sell a few items before you sell the iPhone. That way you will have positive feedback and reputation (you will attract more visitors and people will trust you)
- List your item properly include all details- phone model, colour, specs, link to the official website. Provide some top quality product images (take some from official website) but also provide pictures you have taken.
- Put a good title, for example, iPhone 7 black still in original packaging cover, cases & screen guard free.
- Research your competition and price accordingly. Always give a buy now an option that is 20-30% higher price than your auction value. This attracts customers not willing to go through the bidding wars to buy the device.
- Make it easier for your customer to pay you by enabling PayPal and other payment options. Bank deposits are usually the most inconvenient option for customers.
- Remember that eBay deducts about 10% of the final sale value, but there are no listing fees.
Sell Broken Phones in Brisbane
Where to Sell or Buy Your Screen Damaged MacBook Pro in Australia